Thinking about buying a houseboat? The On Water Expo is the best place to meet the experts. Compare a wide variety of boats and talk one-on-one with dealers, manufacturers and brokers. Get your questions answered and compare your options with the industry's best - all in one weekend at one great show!
Before you head to the show, write down a list of "must-haves" for you and your family.
- Keep this list on-hand when you talk to the dealers. Everyone has different needs, and reviewing it with the dealer will help them ensure that they are meeting your needs.
- You may find out that some of your non-negotiables really ARE negotiable once you talk to a dealer - but it's still a good idea to keep a list of the things that are most important to you when you're shopping around.
Prior to the Expo, write down a some questions you'd like to ask the exhibitors at the show.
- Keep the list handy when you talk to each of the exhibitors. This will help ensure that you ask the same questions to each exhibitor and help you to compare all the features of each boat side-by-side.
Review the Exhibitor's List prior to the Expo.
- Take the time to meet with both manufacturers and brokers. Each will offer a different perspective that can be invaluable to helping you make a purchasing decision.
- Use our "Show Shoppers Worksheet" to help you gather all the information you will need to make an educated decision.
- The Expo is the perfect place to find out the answers to all of your questions about houseboating.
- The exhibitors at the Expo live, eat and breathe houseboating - so pick their brains!
- Take some time to review your notes and consider everything that you have learned.
- Jot down pros and cons of each boat you are considering. Use these to narrow down your choices to 2 - 3 different houseboats.
- Go back and talk to the exhibitors of your top boat choices. If you have any concerns - take the time to review them with the dealer. They make have easy answers to them!
- Ask about rebates, warranties, service, delivery, training, and insurance.
- If you need financing, ask if they have any special offers available.
- Review your original "must-have" list, the answers to your questions, and the Show Shoppers Worksheet.
- Once you have thought it over and reviewed your options, you are ready to buy.